How do I find my HP printer IP address?
It is important for you to know your HP Printer IP Address, this helps you configure the printer and run it on the network. Users often come with the query that ‘How Do I Find My HP Printer IP Address’? Well! Finding the IP address is not a difficult task, you just need to follow the simple instructions and you can easily find it on your device. In this post, we are going to share the simple steps that can help you to find the IP Address for your HP printer. So, read on and Know ‘How Do In Find My HP Printer IP Address’. Here we go.
Where is the IP address located on my Hp printer?
To find your HP Printer IP Address on Windows, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Start button or you can choose ‘Windows Orb’ present at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Now, open the Control Panel. The Start menu will display the folders and programs for you to open. Choose the ‘Control Panel’ from the right panel.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option present in the Control panel. After this, click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option on the menu appearing on the next screen.
- Note down the model number of your printing device. For this, tap on the ‘Printers and Faxes’ option. Your printing device must appear. Now, match the printer model number with the one appearing on the screen.
- Right-click on your HP printer and go to the ‘Properties’ section.
- Under the ‘General’ tab, you must be able to see the filed with a ‘location’ label. Note down the numbers appearing on the right side of the label. This will your HP printer IP address.
So, this is how to find HP printer IP address on the Windows PC. To find the printer IP Address on your Mac device, you can proceed with the guidelines mentioned below:
How do I find my HP Printer IP address on Mac device?
Here are the steps to follow:
- Access ‘System Preferences’ by click on it. You can find the option at the upper left corner of the screen. This will show you a window with multiple options.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Print and Scan’ option. A separate window will appear showing the installed printer.
- Choose your HP printing device. For this, you have to click on your printer. You can also see the bunch of details in the ‘Description’ section.
- The description section is actually a printer location or its IP address. It must be appearing after the ‘location’, in ‘Gray’ text along with the other necessary details of your HP printing device.
This is how you can find the HP printer IP address on your Mac device. Make sure that you follow these steps in sequence, this helps to avoid the technical troubles that may occur due to carelessness or wrong execution of steps.
We hope that after following these simple guidelines, you would get an answer to your query that how do I find my HP printer IP address for Windows and Mac device. The steps are simple and easy to execute. But, if you still have a doubt or you are unable to find the IP address of your HP printer after following these guidelines, we recommend you to contact the Hp experts and take the professional advice to complete the task.