How to find HP Deskjet 2540 Password
If you want to connect your HP Deskjet 2540 printer to a Wi-Fi network, you need an HP Deskjet 2540 password. If you don’t know the password, then this post can help you. It is easy to find the password using the WPS Pin method. If you have the printer IP address you can find or change the password with ’embedded webserver’. In this post, we are going to share the simple step-by-step guidelines that can help you to find the HP Deskjet 2540 password. So, read or and follow the simple steps to complete the task.
How to find HP Deskjet 2540 Password?
Below are the easy steps to find the printer password:
- Check and make sure that your printer is in working condition.
- Now, slide out the printer input tray from the device.
- Place the papers in the printer input tray.
- Slide the tray into your HP printer.
- Now, from your printer control panel, click on the ‘WiFi’ button.
- A blue light will start to blink which makes sure that your Wireless Connection is working fine.
- Now, you need to press the ‘WiFi Direct’ button and keep holding this button for a few seconds.
- The device will print the report showing printer passwords.
Detailed Process to Find the HP Deskjet 2540 Password
- Connect your printer to the power outlet and make sure it gets the proper power supply. Now, open the input tray and load some papers in it. Properly make adjustments in the people between the guides and paper guides. Make sure that papers do not tear, fold, or wrinkle.
- After this, install the Ink cartridges to their respective place according to the color code. Hit the WiFi icon and you will see the blue light flashing. You need to press the ‘WiFi Direct button’ and hold it until you see the white light flashing.
- Find the IP address of your printer in the report. Turn on your PC and click on the Wi-Fi icon present on the taskbar. Now, connect your printer and PC with HP Deskjet 2540 wifi password. Enter the printer IP address in the new tab and hit the enter button.
- You will see the embedded web server displaying on the computer screen. Hit the ‘Network’ tab and choose the WiFi Direct option. Tap on the ‘Status’ command.
- The EWS will show a message on your screen and you will be redirected to the secured HTTPS-enabled page. Hit the Ok button.
- If EWS is displaying the connection private message then you need to click on the advanced option and choose to proceed further. When the Wi-Fi direct screen appears you have to click on the edit setting options and then you can change the connection method.
- Once you are done with all the changes click on the apply button.
Now, you are all set to printer documents.
So this is how you can find the HP Deskjet 2540 password for your printer. The steps are simple, but if you are still unable to find the password then something is wrong with your hardware. We recommend you contact the HP printer professionals and take expert advice to figure out the problem and its solution.