Resolve 79 Service Error HP Printer?
HP printers are popular for sharing the best printing experience with the customers. But, sometimes the corrupted printing jobs cause troubles to the users. The most common issue to occur due to corrupted printing jobs is the HP printer 79 service error code. This error code can also occur due to the miscommunication between the printer and spooler because of outdated printer firmware. Are you also facing troubles while using the printing services due to the HP printer 79 service error code? Well! don’t worry, you can fix the problem by following some simple troubleshooting guidelines. In this post, we are going to share some simple troubleshooting steps that can help you to get rid of 79 Service error code on your printer.
HP printer troubleshooting: Fix HP Error 79
Clear the printing job
Too many pending printing jobs in the printer queue could be the reason behind the HP printer 79 service error code. Overloaded printing jobs confuse the printer and make the system difficult to understand which commands to be executed first. Thus, it is important to remove all the printing jobs from the queue to fix the problem.
Update Printer Software
Most of the time, users forget to update their printer software. If you want to continue with the smooth and hassle-free functioning of your printing device, you need to update the printer software from time to time. Below are the step-by-step instructions you can follow for this:
- From your HP printer, press the Home button. This will direct you to the Home screen.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu, it is the gear type icon.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, go to the ‘Setup Service’ and hit the button.
- The printer will show you different options. From here, choose the option saying to check for updates.
- Now, your device will start searching for the available updates for your printer.
- If your HP printer finds any update, it will start downloading it. The process may take a few minutes.
Once you are done with the steps, try to print a test page to check whether HP 79 service error is fixed or not. Otherwise, you can proceed with the next step.
Reset the printer
- Turn off your HP printer. For this, press the Power button present on your printer.
- Unplug the Power Cord from the power outlet and backside of your printer.
- Now wait for at least 60 seconds and then turn on your printer.
Update the printer firmware
Updating the printer firmware can also help you to fix the HP printer 79 service error on your device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Now, Connect your printer to the router using an ethernet cable for internet access.
- Click on the ‘Network’ icon present on your printer’s control panel.
- To check and make sure that your printer is properly connected to the network, you can search for an IP address.
- Go to the ‘Home’ screen and hit the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Printer Update’ option to check if any firmware update is available for your device.
- If the update is available, install it now.
Reinstall Printer Drivers
If none of the above-mentioned solutions are helping you to fix the HP Error 79, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers on your device. Here is what you can do to fix this problem:
- Use the Windows search menu and type Control Panel in the search bar. Hit the button to begin the search.
- Now, uninstall the Software programs from your device.
- Right-click on the Start menu to open the Device Manager.
- Under the Print Queue, uninstall the HP device.
- Restart your computer and wait for the drivers to automatically mounted.
- Install the Printer software again on your device.
Hopefully, after following the above steps your HP 79 Service Error will be fixed. Now, you can continue executing the smooth and hassle-free printing operations on your device. In case, the problem is still not resolved, contact the HP professionals and get expert advice to troubleshoot the issue.