Troubleshoot and Fix Print spooler service keeps stopping
Printing documents is easy on Windows 10 computers, but you may encounter certain technical issues with time. Print spooler service keeps stopping windows 10 is one of those common issues that often occur in the Windows 10 device and stop the printer from printing the documents. If you are also struggling to print documents because of this error then read this guide carefully. Here, we are going to share some simple guidelines that can help you to troubleshoot the Print spooler service keeps stopping windows 10 problems on your device. Your printer relies upon a print spooler in order to execute the printing functions, and the print spooler often crashes, especially in Windows 10 system. Let’s see, how we can deal with this problem.
What to do if the print spooler keeps stopping windows 10 Computer?
Uninstall unnecessary printers
Installing multiple printers can cause print spooler errors and may stop your printer from functioning. If your print spooler is not working, you can try uninstalling the unnecessary printers to troubleshoot the problem.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Press ‘Windows + X’ key from the keyboard to open the ‘Win + X’ menu and choose ‘Control Panel’ from the list.
- Open the control panel, and find the Devices and Printer option.
- In the ‘Devices and Printers’ section, choose the printer you want to remove and after that, click on the ‘Print Server Properties’ option.
- Go to the ‘Drivers’ tab and there you can see the list of printers installed on your device.
- Choose the printer you want to remove and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- Choose ‘Remove Driver and Driver Package. After that, click on the Ok button to remove it completely.
- Restart your computer
Hopefully, this troubleshooting solution will help you to fix the print spooler service that keeps stopping windows 10. But, if not, proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Restart print spooler service
One of the simplest ways to deal with the print spooler issue print spooler restart. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- Open ‘Service’ Window.
- Locate the ‘Print Spooler’ service, and after that, right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Restart’ option.
- Once you have restarted the service, check if the problem still exists.
Modify the registry
You can deal with Print spooler service keeps stopping windows 10 by deleting certain values from your registry. It is recommended to create the registry backup so that you can easily restore it later if something went wrong.
To edit the registry, follow the given guidelines:
- Press the’ Windows + r’ key and enter ‘regedit’. After that, hit the Enter button or Click ‘Ok’.
- When you open the registry, navigate to the
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86PPrint Processors” key in the left pane, this is for 32 bit Windows version. If you are using the 64-bit Windows version, go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x64Print Processors”.
- Now, delete all keys except ‘winprint’. Just right-click on the key which you want to remove and choose the ‘Delete’ option from the menu.
- Close ‘Registry Editor’.
- Once you are done with this, try restarting your print spooler service again.
Hopefully, with the help of the aforementioned guidelines, you can fix the Print spooler service that keeps stopping Windows 10. But, if the problem is still not resolved, we recommend you contact the experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the problem.